Iceland Discovery - For Solo Travellers
- 9 Nights
- Travel Dates:
- 10/08/2019 to 19/08/2019
- 24/08/2019 to 02/09/2019
Price per person
Visit Iceland and see glaciers, geysers and geothermal hot springs.
Travel to Iceland and delve into the ancient land of Vikings and volcanoes on this 10-day Icelandic adventure, designed for solo travellers only. Marvel at geothermal hot springs, witness the steamy eruptions of a giant geyser, touch the tongue of Europe's biggest glacier, see lava that's still warm after 20 years and scale giant waterfalls. Travel through Iceland's desolate lands, so mysterious and ethereal that they have inspired artists, poets and musicians for centuries. The ancient, untamed beauty of Iceland will stay with you forever.
Call us today for all the details 1300 76 86 96.
Without your travel agent, you're on your own!
Why you’ll love this trip
- There’s a lot more to Iceland than ice (and Bjork). Ford the fjords, glaciers, volcanoes, black sands and thermal springs of this magical land in the world’s far north
- Discover Iceland’s fascinating history on a tour of Reykjavik, which includes a visit to the astonishing Lutheran church of Hallgrimskirkja
- The Eurasian and American tectonic plates may now be pulling apart in Thingvellir National Park, but over a thousand years ago this was the site where Iceland’s first parliament came together
- Hike to the tongue of Europe’s biggest glacier in Skaftafell National Park
- Southern Iceland is a world of striking contrasts. Glide past blue-white icebergs on a boat tour of Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon, and soak up the silence of the surrounding grey sand desert
Is this trip right for you?
- This trip is for solo travellers only. If you’re planning an adventure with a friend, family member or partner, we’ve got heaps of other trips you can travel on! If you’re planning to travel on your own, with a group of other solo travellers, this trip might be just what you’re looking for.
- Iceland can be an expensive destination in many ways, from museum entrance fees to outdoor activities, but especially in terms of eating out. Your leader will be able to advise on how to save money. In remote areas the only option for dinner will be at the guesthouse we are staying at. Please stock up on food at a supermarket prior to arrival if you would like to opt out eating at the guesthouse’s restaurant.
- The destinations visited on this trip can be cold throughout the year, especially at the start and end of the season and at night. Please bring appropriate clothing for adverse weather conditions. There may be the rare occasion where your leader has to alter the itinerary and activities due to the weather. In this case an alternative will be offered.
- Due to the remote locations we visit, there are a few long drives on this trip. This is a great opportunity to enjoy the scenery and spend some time getting to know the other members of your group.
- As accommodation on this trip is either twin or multi share, single travellers will share a room with other travellers of the same sex. Hotels in Europe often don’t have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together/apart. Please also be aware that most hotels and guesthouses in Iceland offer shared bathrooms rather than en-suite facilities. Rooms in Iceland can be small, and at times you may be accommodated a short walk away from the main building. Please note that a single supplement is not available on this trip.
Directly email Business & Leisure Travel, or fill in Travel Enquiry at bottom of page.