Jewels of Dalmatia - 19 Nights
- 19 Nights
GROUP SIZE - Max: 20
Coach & boat
Total cost includes - Tipping Made Easy, $230pp prepaid
• Discover cosmopolitan Sarajevo and its interesting Turkish heritage • Stroll along beautiful Dubrovnik’s cobblestone streets • Drive along the sparkling Bay of Kotor • Marvel at the natural wonder of the Postojna Caves • Admire the changing colours of the spectacular Plitvice Lakes • Visit stunning Lake Bled • Experience the romance of Venice
Discover the treasures of the Balkan states and the spectacular countryside of south-eastern Europe. Experience the romance of Venice, visit medieval cities, relax in charming coastal villages and explore stunning national parks.
CAPTIVATING CROATIA AND COASTLINE
Arrive in historic Zagreb, the capital of Croatia. Here we take a sightseeing tour of the colourful old town. We continue through the scenic landscapes of Bosnia to Sarajevo. Sarajevo has been influenced by a number of cultures and is a fascinating place to visit. The next is stop is Dubrovnik, a real highlight of this tour. Here we have time to relax and get to know this wonderful town. With its ancient city walls, narrow cobblestone streets and colourful shops, being in Dubrovnik is like stepping back in time.
ENJOY THE BREATHTAKING SCENERY OF PLITVICE LAKES
From Dubrovnik we head to Split and the spectacular Plitvice Lakes National Park. The park comprises 16 terraced lakes and is surrounded by densely-wooded hills. Here we take some time to enjoy the park and wander around the lower lakes – the scenery is breathtaking.
BE SPELLBOUND BY SLOVENIA AND FALL IN LOVE WITH VENICE
Continuing through Europe, we travel to Slovenia. We spend time at picturesque Lake Bled and in the charming town of Ljubljana. With its fairytale streets and colourful open-air markets, Ljubljana is a real jewel of Europe. The last stop on our fantastic tour is the romantic city of Venice. Here there is time to relax and explore as we visit the famous Basilica of San Marco, the Bridge of Sighs and Doge’s Palace.
- Return economy-class flights from Australia to Europe. Taxes included
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of tour
- All touring in air-conditioned vehicles
- Tipping Made Easy, $230pp prepaid
ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
- 17 nights in good quality hotels (3 to 4 star)
- 17 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 5 dinners, including group welcome and farewell dinners
- English-speaking locally based tour director
- English-speaking locally based guides
- Porterage included where available
Witness age-old culture and stunning landscapes in Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Tour the cosmopolitan capital of Sarajevo with its Turkish heritage and lively café scene. Enjoy exploring the four quarters of the city; each providing endless opportunities for relaxation, sightseeing and unique experiences.
- Be enchanted by the town of Mostar with its beautiful 16th and 17th century mosques, medieval buildings and cobbled streets that survived the war completely. Walk across the most celebrated Ottoman Bridge that links the two sides of the town.
Beauty, culture and ancient architecture awaits you in Croatia
- Get acquainted with the fascinating city of Zagreb and admire its old world graciousness, lively energy and friendly locals.
- Be rewarded with views of the shimmering Adriatic Ocean, beautiful marble streets and baroque buildings as you walk along the ancient city walls of medieval Dubrovnik.
- Visit the always buzzing, exuberant city of Split and enjoy a tour of the world’s most impressive Roman Monument, the Diocletian’s Palace.
- Spend the day discovering the sun-drenched islands of Brac and Solta on a cruise of the glittering Adriatic sea, stopping for some free time in the town of Stomorska.
- Discover the natural beauty of Plitvice Lakes National Park as your guided walking tour showcases its magnificent turquoise lakes, waterfalls and cascades.
- Spend two nights in Opatija, often referred to as the ‘Pearl of the Adriatic’. Enjoy an orientation tour of this remarkable seaside resort town and learn all about its splendid past.
- Take a full day excursion to the heart shaped peninsula of Istra and spend some time exploring the ancient Roman Town of Poreč as well as the fishing village of Rovinj, considered the star attraction of Istria.
Slovenia, the land of pristine landscape and friendly faces
- Marvel at the two million year old stalagmite and stalactite formations at the Postojna Caves, a series of caverns, halls and passages some 20km long and hallowed out by the Pivka River.
- Explore the oldest Slovenian mining city of Idrija, located in the green hills of the Julian Alps and well known for its mercury mine and world famous lace.
- Be mesmerised by the mountain resort of Bled. With its emerald green lake, iconic fairy-tale church steeple perched atop the tiny rock at the middle of the lake and its medieval castle clinging to a cliff top, this is truly a magical place to behold.
- Visit the well preserved and pretty capital city of Ljubljana and admire its dazzling hilltop castle, emerald green river, al fresco cafes on the banks of the promenade, youthful vibrancy and cultural creativity.
Explore mysterious, magical and romantic Venice
- Enjoy a comprehensive tour of the most alluring city in the world, showcasing St Mark’s Square, St Mark’s Basilica, Doges Palace and the Bridge of Sighs.
- See magic in the hands of a master craftsman at a Glass Blowing Factory as they create a piece of art work before your very eyes.