Highlights of South America - 20 Nights
- 20 Nights
GROUP SIZE - Max: 20
Coach, plane, train & boat
Total cost includes - Tipping Made Easy, $235pp prepaid
• Tour the grand city of Buenos Aires, the ‘Paris of the South’ • Stay right on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro • Explore both sides of thundering Iguazu Falls • Feel the magic of Peru's Sacred Valley and the Lost Incan city of Machu Picchu • Fly over the mysterious Nazca Lines in the middle of the desert • Discover the amazing wildlife of the Ballestas Islands in Paracas
From Buenos Aires to Rio and Lima, discover the highlights of South America on this cross-continental adventure. See thundering Iguazu Falls, fly over the incredible Nazca Lines, witness the abundance of wildlife on the Ballestas Islands and visit the spectacular Incan city, Machu Picchu.
The adventure begins in cosmopolitan Buenos Aires, visiting the must-see sights including colourful La Boca, Recoleta Cemetery and enjoying a sensational evening tango show. Travel to Rio de Janeiro where we visit some of the best-known landmarks including the statue of Christ the Redeemer and Sugarloaf Mountain.
See spectacular Iguazu Falls from Brazil and Argentina. Enjoy the breathtaking views along the canyon path and stand on the platform over the thunderous Devil’s Throat, where water pours in from three different sides and feel the energy as it vibrates through the boardwalk!
Take a flight over the Nazca lines to view these gigantic and mystical geoglyphs – only fully appreciated from the air above. Then travel into the heart of the Sacred Valley, visit the lively market at Pisac and see the archaeological ruins of Ollantaytambo and the elliptical terraces of Moray. No tour of South America would be complete without seeing Peru’s spectacular Incan city of Machu Picchu! Board the vistadome train for a scenic journey to this breathtaking wonder of the world.
- Return economy-class flights from Australia to South America. Taxes included
- 5 economy-class flights within South America
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of tour
- All touring in air-conditioned vehicles
- Tipping Made Easy, $235pp prepaid
ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
- 15 nights in good quality hotels (3½-4½ star)
- 1 night stay at the Inkaterra Machu Picchu Eco Retreat (4½ star)
- 2 night stay inside Iguazu Falls NP at Belmond das Cataratas Hotel (5 star)
- 18 breakfasts and 4 dinners, including group welcome and farewell dinner
- English-speaking locally based tour director (based on min. of 8 passengers)
- English-speaking locally based guides
Tango the night away in Buenos Aires
- Discover the grand city of Buenos Aires on a city tour, including the colourful La Boca district, the impressive Recoleta Cemetery where Eva Peron is buried, and a visit to the stunning Colon Theatre.
- Experience Argentina’s famous Tango at a dinner show and lesson in Buenos Aires.
Feel the thunder of Iguazu Falls and experience the excitement of Rio
- Spend 3 nights in Rio de Janeiro staying in the heart of Copacabana Beach.
- Enjoy a traditional Brazilian churrasco grill dinner at Fogo de Chao.
- Tour the iconic sights of Rio including the Statue of Christ the Redeemer, Sugar Loaf Mountain and Corcovado Hill.
- Spend 2 nights at the Belmond Das Cataratas hotel inside Iguazu Falls National Park, with the amazing waterfalls right on your doorstep.
- Visit the thunderous Iguazu Falls! Explore both the Brazilian and Argentinean sides, including the famous Devil’s Throat.
- Get up close and personal with stunning, exotic birds at the Parque Das Aves Bird Park.
Discover the wonders of Peru
- Discover the sights of Lima on a city tour and visit the famous Larco Museum, containing priceless Incan artefacts.
- Discover Cusco on a walking tour, visiting the 17th century cathedral and Koricancha, the Temple of the Sun, considered the most spectacular temple of the Incan empire.
- Travel into the magical Sacred Valley and stop in the small town of Pisac and explore the impressive ruins and lively market.
- Stop in the small town of Pisac and explore the impressive ruins and lively market.
- Tour the town of Ollantaytambo, then visit a house for a taste of local life.
- Visit a local chicheria. Learn about and taste the traditional chicha and try some of the local delicacy, guinea pig.
- Travel by Vistadome train to Aguas Calientes, gateway to Machu Picchu!
- Feel the magic of the Lost Incan City of Machu Picchu on an in-depth guided tour and enjoy some time to explore the ruins at your own pace.
- Spend the night in a nature retreat in Aguas Calientes.
- Travel by Vistadome train to Ollantaytambo and visit the fortress ruins.
- Stop at Chinchero for a traditional weaving demonstration.
- Explore the ancient Incan fortress of Sacsayhuaman and the ancient Incan baths of Tambomachay.
- Take a scenic flight over the mysterious Nazca Lines, a series of ancient geoglyphs depicting hundreds of figures in the middle of the Nazca desert.
- Enjoy a visit to scenic Paracas National Reserve.
- Discover the amazing wildlife of the Ballestas Islands in Paracas, a vibrant sanctuary home to many birds and animals, including the endangered Humboldt penguins.