Highlights of Egypt and Jordan - 17 Nights
- 17 Nights
GROUP SIZE - Min: 2 | Max: 20
Coach, jeep, camel, plane, felucca sailboat & Nile River cruise
Total cost includes - Tipping Made Easy, $250pp prepaid
• Visit the Roman cities of Umm Qais and Jerash • Discover the magical Lost City of Petra • Tour breathtaking Wadi Rum by jeep and camel • Float in the Dead Sea • Witness the incredible Great Pyramids of Giza and the iconic Sphinx • Visit the stunning temples of Abu Simbel • Explore the tombs and temples of Upper Egypt
Discover the iconic wonders and mesmerising history of Egypt and Jordan. Marvel at ancient Roman cities, hallowed biblical landmarks and incredible feats of architectural engineering. Cruise the Nile and explore the amazing temples and tombs of Upper Egypt.
BE AMAZED BY INCREDIBLE JORDAN
Our Middle East tour starts in Amman, the capital of Jordan. We visit the beautifully preserved Roman cities of Um Qais and Jerash. From Amman we continue to Petra. Petra is a real highlight of this tour and is one of the world’s greatest treasures. Don’t miss your chance to enjoy a dip in the buoyant, salty waters of the Dead Sea!
EXPLORE CAIRO AND ANCIENT EGYPTIAN SITES
Our Middle East tour continues in ancient Egypt where we visit all the must-see sights as well as enjoy a 3-night Nile cruise. Highlights of this part of the tour include; the Great Pyramids of Giza, the iconic Sphinx, the unique step pyramid of Sakkara, the Khan El Khalili bazaar, the world-famous Egyptian Museum, the impressive Valley of the Kings, the stunning temples of Abu Simbel and the riverside temples of Kom Ombo.
- Return economy-class flights from Australia to the Middle East. Taxes included
- 3 economy-class flights within the Middle East
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of tour
- All touring in air-conditioned vehicles (excluding basic jeep in Wadi Rum)
- Nile River Cruise
- Tipping Made Easy, $250pp prepaid
ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
- 11 nights in good quality hotels (3-5 star)
- 1 night at a Bedouin style desert camp with shared facilities
- 3 nights in an outside cabin on board a luxury Nile River cruise (5 star Egyptian standard)
- 15 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 11 dinners, including group welcome and farewell dinners
- English-speaking local guide and driver in Jordan (English-speaking driver/guide and local guides for group sizes below 5 passengers)
- English-speaking Egyptologist guides in Egypt
Jewels of Jordan
- Visit the beautifully preserved Roman Cities of Uum Qais and Jerash
- Admire the views from the impressive Islamic Ajloun Castle which was built in the 12th century and served as a military fort to protect the region from invading Crusader forces
- Enjoy the sites on Amman including the Citadel and the Roman Theatre
- See the spectacular Byzantine and Umayyed mosaics in Madaba, one of the most memorable places in the Holy Land
- Visit the Greek Orthodox Church of St. George
- Visit Mt Nebo for fantastic views of the Jordan Valley
- Discover fascinating Little Petra with a history dating back 9,000 years – one of the oldest archaeological sites in the Middle East
- Visit one of the world’s greatest treasures – the lost city of Petra! An awe-inspiring experience and one that has to be seen to be believed!
- Have the option to return Petra for some further exploration
- 4WD Jeep tour across the dessert landscape of Wadi Rum
- Explore the unique desert landscape of Wadi Rum by camel safari as well as an exciting jeep tour
- Enjoy an unforgettable night under a sky of a million stars at a desert camp in Wadi Rum
- Swim or float in the salty waters of the Dead Sea and enjoy the therapeutic mud!
Unlock the mysteries of Egypt’s ancient civilisation.
- Visit the awe-inspiring Great Pyramids of Giza. Our tour includes plenty of time to soak up the power of these magnificent structures before we visit a nearby vantage point and then continue on to the famous Sphinx
- Visit the incredible Step Pyramid of Sakkara, the nearby giant statue of Ramses II and the old capital of Memphis
- Explore Aswan including the High Dam, Unfinished Obelisk and the beautiful Temple of Isis on Philae Island
- Relax on a traditional felucca sailboat in Aswan as you cruise around Kitchener’s Island
- Visit the stunning temples of Ramses II and Queen Nefertari at Abu Simbel. This is a must-see while in Egypt, which most other companies offer only as an optional extra. We include it!
- Unwind on a four-night luxury cruise on the Nile from Luxor to Aswan
- Travel to the magnificent Temple of Horus (the Falcon God) in Edfu, the Temple of Kom Ombo which currently displays some of the crocodile mummies discovered in the vicinity, the laidback town of Aswan where we visit the beautiful Temple of Isis on Philae Island, the Unfinished Obelisk and the High Dam
- Visit the beautiful Luxor and Karnak Temples, where each year elaborate festivals and ceremonies were performed to appease the gods
- Explore the West Bank, including the Colossi of Memnon, the Valley of the Kings (where we enter some of the tombs of the pharaohs) and the massive Temple of Queen Hatshepsut
- Enjoy a Galabeya Party whist crusing the Nile
- Visit the world-renowned Egyptian Museum whose priceless artefacts include those of the Pharaoh Tutankhamen
- Get a fascinating insight into current Egyptian life as you visit the Mohammed Ali Mosque, the Saladin Citadel of Cairo and the centuries-old Khan El Khalili bazaar