Amazon Riverboat Adventure in Depth - 8 Nights
- 8 Nights
- Was $2849
Price per person
9 Days - Lima to Lima - Many dates available in 2018.
Hop aboard a riverboat and experience the Amazon in style. Led by an Amazon Reserve naturalist guide, your cruise will include daily excursions by motorized skiff designed to reveal the exotic wildlife that calls the rainforest home – with any luck you’ll spot sloths, toucans, or pink dolphins! And, with two full days for exploration in Pacaya–Samiria National Reserve, you'll have the chance to experience the jungle up close. The cuisine on board is regional and provides a unique and delicious window into local culture. Gain a rare glimpse of how life "on the river" is lived and experience the magic of the Amazon on this once-in-a-lifetime riverboat adventure.
Only valid until May 31 2018
Call us today for all the details 1300 76 86 96.
Without your travel agent, you're on your own!
cairns@BLT.com.au | townsville@BLT.com.au | weipa@BLT.com.au
- Explore the Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve – the largest national park in Peru
- Dine on food fresh from the jungle
- Spot pink dolphins on the Amazon River
- Interact with members of the local community
- Learn the intricacies of Amazon wildlife
- Duration: 9 days
- Start/Finish City: Lima to Lima
- Service Level: Upgraded
- Quality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- Physical Grading: 2 – Light
- Light walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- Travel Style: Marine
- Small-ship adventures on the world’s great seas, rivers, and other places only accessible by boat.
- Trip Type: Small Group
- Group trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
Explore the Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve – the largest national park in Peru, dine on food fresh from the jungle, spot pink dolphins on the Amazon River, interact with members of the local community, learn the intricacies of Amazon wildlife
The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary.
VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
While it is our intention to adhere to the route described below, there is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations. The itinerary is brief, as we never know exactly where our journey will take us. Due to our style of travel and the regions we visit, travel can be unpredictable. The Trip Details document is a general guide to the tour and region and any mention of specific destinations or wildlife is by no means a guarantee that they will be visited or encountered.
Additionally, any travel times listed are approximations only and subject to vary due to local circumstances.
PLEASE NOTE: The activities on this trip may run in a different order, or this trip may run in reverse depending on the time of year. The itinerary will still cover all of the same destinations and activities but they may be in a different order.
1. Please note that this tour combines with other G Adventures tours. As such, some staff and travel companions may be continuing together on another G Adventures tour, after your trip concludes.
2. All travellers are required to pay the tax on domestic flights in Peru. Foreign travellers are exempt form this, and proving you are indeed a foreign traveller can be done by providing us with your international ticket number (ITN). Travellers who do not submit international ticket numbers at least 30 days prior to Day 1 of their tour will be required to pay the domestic tax on all included flights.
3. Water Levels – please note that excursions and activities while on the riverboat are dependent on fluctuating water levels and are subject to change.
Group Leader Description
All G Adventures group trips are accompanied by one of our group leaders, a G Adventures representative, or an expedition team. The aim of the group leader is to take the hassle out of your travels and to help you have the best trip possible. They will provide information on the places you are travelling through, offer suggestions for things to do and see, recommend great local eating venues and introduce you to our local friends. While not being guides in the traditional sense you can expect them to have a broad general knowledge of the countries visited on the trip, including historical, cultural, religious and social aspects. We also use local guides where we think more specific knowledge will add to the enjoyment of the places we are visiting- we think it’s the best of both worlds.
Group Size Notes
8 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners
Meals and unlimited bottled water are included on board the Amatista, drinks extra. Continental Breakfast included in Lima hotel.
Amazon riverboat, plane, private bus.
All local flights are included in the cost of your tour unless otherwise noted. It is important that we have your passport information at the time of booking in order to process these tickets. Internal flight tickets are issued locally and will be given to you prior to the flight departure.
We believe single travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
Aboard the Amatista Amazon riverboat (6 nts), upgraded hotels (2 nts).
My Own Room
Please note that if you have booked the “My Own Room” option for this tour, you will receive your own single room for all night stops
Cabins on board the Amatista all have exterior view windows with air conditioning and private bathrooms. Also please note that they are set up as twins but can be converted into a double bed if requested.
Please note that hot water shortages and power outages can be fairly common in Peru (even in upgraded hotels and private homes). We appreciate your patience and understanding that these occurrences are outside of our control.
Local Living: Local Indigenous Family Visit, Pacaya Samiria National Reserve
Recharge: Local Shaman Visit, Pacaya Samiria National Reserve. Arrival transfer. 6 nts aboard the Amatista Amazon Riverboat. Orientation tour of Iquitos. Launches and land excursions with our expert naturalist team. Internal flights. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.